Posted May 4, 2011on:
Today is the very first check-in for the May your way challenge.
I’m in for 2 days and so far it’s just meh… sort of okay.
To refresh my memory on the goals:
Actually DO the 3 day/week wt training routine that the Coach wrote for me.
Drink 3 liters of water EVERY day.
5 servings of fruit/veggies every day.
Limit the whites (sugar, flour, etc) to one day/week.
I’ve done fairly well on the fruits/veggies.
I’ve done good on the water.
I haven’t done that wt training workout yet. (More on that later)
And I had pizza last night which totally had white flour crust. 😦
This is HARD! And I thought I picked fairly easy goals. I guess not, not for me anyway.
So I asked Dr. Google about my muscle aches this morning and this is what I found.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Fatigue : check
- Weakness : check
- Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight : nothing new here
- Coarse, dry hair
- Dry, rough pale skin : check
- Hair loss : I had already lost a lot of hair from the hyperthyroid days
- Cold intolerance (you can’t tolerate cold temperatures like those around you) : check
- Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches : check
- Constipation : check
- Depression : check
- Irritability : only without medication
- Memory loss : check
- Abnormal menstrual cycles
- Decreased libido : check
I was told it could take 6 months to a year for everything to “level out.” Holy smacks people. This tells me that my med dose isn’t high enough yet but the doc isn’t going to want to change it for another month.
The fatigue, weakness, and aches are the things that bother me most. I feel so OLD. And I’m not.
You all just have no idea how much I hate feeling like this.